Basic Pizza Sauce
Basic Pizza Sauce – This foolproof, garlic and herb, pizza sauce recipe is very versatile, feel free to add in anything you would like. This traditional Italian tomato sauce recipe is fantastic, quick, and easy. What more is there?
Prep Time: 5-10 mins
Cook Time: 15-60 mins
Main Ingredient: Tomatoes
Difficulty Level: 1
Ingredients to make Basic Pizza Sauce
– 1 Can Whole tomatoes (35 Ounce can)
– 1 Teaspoon Basil, Oregano, or Marjoram
– 1 Clove Garlic, peeled, crushed, minced
– 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste, optional
– Black pepper, freshly ground and Salt, to taste
– Directions to make Basic Pizza Sauce
Pour the contents of the tomato can into a 2-quart, heavy, non-aluminum saucepan and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork. Add the herbs, garlic, tomato paste, salt, and pepper Bring to a bubble over medium heat, stiring to mix the seasonings.
As soon as the sauce begins to bubble, turn the heat to low and maintain the sauce at a gentle simmer. 5. Cook, uncovered, stiring from time to time, for a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 1 hour.